Steak Cooking Rules
1) Cooking teams may use any type of fuel desired. Cooking teams will provide their own fuel and lighter.
2) OCSC will provide Certified Angus Beef rib eye steaks. Teams are to provide ice chests and ice for steak storage.
3) No other beef is to be present other than the Certified Angus Beef rib eyes that we give you. If any other beef is found, your team will be disqualified from the steak judging.
4) All steaks are to be handled in a sanitary manner. Plastic gloves will be provided and are to be used in handling the steaks at all times.
5) Grills will be inspected for cleanliness before cooking. Unclean grills will be rejected.
6) The cooking teams provide all seasonings and “secret ingredients”.
7) Cooking teams are responsible for providing tables ,chairs, sun shades etc. they might need at their cooking area.
8) Some type of fire extinguishing device should be readily available to each cooker.
9) Steaks may not be removed from your numbered cooking area. Any violation of this will result in immediate team disqualification from the competition.
10) All steaks remain the property of the OCSC. Teams are expected to account for all steaks issued, either by turning in a ticket stub or a cooked steak. We realize that a steak is occasionally lost in the cooking process. We understand this and make allowances where necessary.
11) Steaks will be judged with regard to taste, appearance, texture and tenderness. For the OCSC all steaks should be cooked medium ( warm pink center).
12) The entire field will be blind judged by a panel that will pick the Top 10 Steaks.
13) Turn in times will be allotted at the Mandatory cooks meeting. Steaks turned in after the deadline will not be judged.
14) Competition steaks must be submitted in the provided boxes. Steaks may not be marked in any way . No garnish is allowed.
15) Hors d’oeuvres Competition rules are listed separately.
16) You will receive a packet in the mail approximately one (1) week prior to the event. This will include your space number and other important information.
Should you have questions please call (918) 359-9003